Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let 'em eat cake!

While birthday season is over for us... DD birthday was back in November, any old day of the week is reason enough for yummy frosted cake in our house! While I used to be all about chocolate nowadays I really probably prefer a nice butter cake with butter cream frosting! so we often just whip up a batch of cupcakes and indulge! Did you know that cupcakes have like there own cult of followers? google cupcakes and you won't believe the amount of foodie websites and blogs devoted to the perfect crumb, or frosting to cake ratio! nevermind the insane decorating!

I've been collecting baking gear for many months now and have youtube and some decorating books to thank for my developing cake dec savvy... like all addictions collecting baking/decorating supplies will cost you... but ebay has helped with prices and availibility...

Trying my hand at the 1M swirl...

Recently Parents.com featured a roundup of 31 birthday cake designs complete with recipes and step by step instructions... for those of you with special b-days coming up it worth taking a peek or favoriting for future reference! Here are some of my favorites...

One of DD first words was ladybug... these are on our list!



Pirates are always cool... I mean seriously Johnny Depp.... I'll arr arr anyday!

I'll no doubt be doing at least one of these Choo Choo train cakes over the course of my birthday planning career...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails